|LAND OWNERS AT LAST|
Recipients of land titles under the DENR Handog Titulo program in Bato, Catanduanes show proof of land ownership awarded in a ceremony the Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Officer for Catanduanes Joaquin Ed Guerrero (seated on stage, second from left) facilitated on May 13, 2015. Also in photo are (left-right on stage) Vice Mayor Joselito B. Alberto, PENRO Guerrero, Gov. Araceli Wong, Mayor Johnny Rodulfo, Atty. Karmina Mariano, chief of Registry of Deeds Catanduanes, Engr. Noel Madrideo, chief of Licensing, Patents, and Deeds Divison, DENR V, Kag. Abing Rodulfo.(Photo: Vojer Acunin)
Photo Release: May 19, 2015
“If the underwater theme park would cause the destruction of corals, right away, I will say no way. The fishermen need corals. The corals are the home for the fish, and some of our corals have shells and sponges that can cure cancer. I will never allow our biodiversity to be killed for money that some people want to make.
The Philippines is a country of seven thousand islands, which has the highest endemism per unit area in the entire world, while Palawan is the number one island destination in the planet. It has rich biodiversity and lots of ecotourism potentials that should be primarily tapped by the Filipino people for the Filipino people.
In any case, whatever decision that the DENR will make shall be filtered and anchored on social justice, which means that the marine resources of Palawan should benefit the greater majority.”###
- Statement of DENR Secretary Gina Lopez on the proposed underwater theme park in Coron, Palawan
- DENR Region V asin mga Field Offices, aktibo sa Disaster Preparedness
- DENR Padagus sa Pakisumaro sa Post Typhoon Activities Kaibahan an Ibang Ahensya
- Mga Troso Kumpiskado sa Camarines Norte
- Illegal Lumber Apprehended in Camarines Norte
- Principals and School Teachers Trained to Interpret Geohazard Maps
- DENR, 10 LGUs lumagda sa MoPA, namigay ng 3119 titulo ng lupa sa Bicol
- Limang Saringaya Awardees pinarangalan ng DENR
- Five environment-promoting entities get DENR Saringaya Awards
- Cong. Leni Robredo hails champions for the environment 2015