SCUBAsurero. A frogman from the Phil. Coast Guard (PCG) piles up a basketful of rubbish hauled out from the coast of Legazpi City as the world marks World Water Day on Friday (March 22, 2013).
Photo Release: March 22, 2013
DENR, PIA, AUL to hold Regional Environmental Summit
Legazpi City—A thousand student leaders are expected to join the Regional Environmental Summit to be hosted by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Bicol, Phil. Information Agency (PIA) and Aquinas University of Legazpi City (AUL) on September 12, 2014 at the AUL Dome in Rawis, Legazpi City.
DENR Bicol Regional Director Gilbert Gonzales said the confab is part of the DENR-PIA national Climate Change Advocacy campaign, which aims to temper public apathy toward climate change through strategic communication and social mobilization.
“We need to engage our youth, especially our student leaders from various tertiary level institutions to instill in their minds adaptation and mitigation measures to better equip them against the dire impact of climate change,” Dir. Gonzales explained.
RD Gonzales said the activity will be serve as a nexus for the motivation of the youth to act and participate in the climate change advocacy.Read more...
- DENR, PIA, AUL to hold Regional Environmental Summit
- DENR Bicol estimates 20 million pesos forest fire damage
- Regional Anti-Illegal Logging Task Force seizes 75,000 board feet of hot logs in Partido Area
- DENR Bicol, PIA launch regional CCA advocacy
- DENR to file raps against alleged shooter of eagle
- DENR, PIA Malunsar Kan Climate Change Adaptation Campaign Ngonyan Na Bulan
- DENR Bicol intensifies IEC campaign on forest fire prevention
- DENR intensifies information campaign on climate change
- DENR, BFP sign Forest Fire Response Protocol
- DENR Bicol advises local governments to use geohazard maps