SCUBAsurero. A frogman from the Phil. Coast Guard (PCG) piles up a basketful of rubbish hauled out from the coast of Legazpi City as the world marks World Water Day on Friday (March 22, 2013).
Photo Release: March 22, 2013
Chairmanship of Regional Ecotourism Committee passes on to DOT
Legazpi City—Regional Director Maria Ravanilla of Department of Tourism Bicol is now the new chairperson of the Regional Ecotourism Committee (REC) after DENR Bicol Regional Director Gilbert Gonzales turned over the leadership for the REC last Friday (September 12, 2014) in a ceremony at the DENR Multipurpose Hall, Rawis, Legazpi City.
RD Ravanilla will now be head of the policy making body that oversees the management and conservation of the Region’s key ecotourism sites like the Mt. Mayon Volcano Natural Park in Albay, Mt. Bulusan Volcano Natural Park in Sorsogon and Mt. Isarog Natural Park in Camarines Sur.
For two years as the chairman of the REC, RD Gonzales was able to strengthen the mountain guide's role in environmental conservation by providing Naturalist Guiding Seminars and trained 45 REC licensed mountain guides.
The same group was also provided with technical assistance through product development and business preparation workshop.Read more...
- Chairmanship of Regional Ecotourism Committee passes on to DOT
- DENR, PIA, AUL to hold Regional Environmental Summit
- DENR Bicol estimates 20 million pesos forest fire damage
- Regional Anti-Illegal Logging Task Force seizes 75,000 board feet of hot logs in Partido Area
- DENR Bicol, PIA launch regional CCA advocacy
- DENR to file raps against alleged shooter of eagle
- DENR, PIA Malunsar Kan Climate Change Adaptation Campaign Ngonyan Na Bulan
- DENR Bicol intensifies IEC campaign on forest fire prevention
- DENR intensifies information campaign on climate change
- DENR, BFP sign Forest Fire Response Protocol