SCUBAsurero. A frogman from the Phil. Coast Guard (PCG) piles up a basketful of rubbish hauled out from the coast of Legazpi City as the world marks World Water Day on Friday (March 22, 2013).
Photo Release: March 22, 2013
DENR, BFP sign Forest Fire Response Protocol
Legazpi City—An emerging tool in forest conservation is in the offing as the Department of Environment and Natural Resources Bicol and Bureau of Fire Protection Regional Office signed the Forest Fire Response Protocol last July 11, 2014.
DENR Bicol Regional Director Gilbert Gonzales said the protocol aims to strengthen an earlier memorandum of agreement between DENR and Department of Interior and Local Government through the BFP in 2002, signed by then Environment Sec. Heherson Alvarez and then Interior and Local Government Sec. Jose Lina as regards forest fire prevention and management.
“It is high time to take a pro-active stance in forest fire prevention for the reason that we are venturing into the most important investment the government has undertaken, which is the National Greening Program (NGP), we don’t want to lose 30 billion pesos worth of funds to ashes by doing away with preventive measures such as forest fire response” Dir. Gonzales emphasized.
Under the MOA, the DENR will provide the BFP with thematic maps and profile of timberlands and protected areas in Bicol which include trail and access roads, location of water source and ranger stations.Read more...
- DENR, BFP sign Forest Fire Response Protocol
- DENR Bicol advises local governments to use geohazard maps
- DENR Bicol honors best individuals, institutions in Saringaya Awards
- DENR Bicol, BFP tie up for Forest Fire Prevention
- Illegal logging and wildlife cases data now automated - DENR
- DENR Sec. Paje cites two DENR personnel for typhoon Yolanda aid
- DENR, pangengenotan an pagtanom nin kahoy katakod kan Arbor Day
- EMB naglunsar kan pangaduwang fun mural painting para sa kapalibutan
- DENR Bicol, Albay tie up for Barangay Forestry Program
- Rescued hawk eagles, hornbills turned over to Albay Park and Wildlife