SCUBAsurero. A frogman from the Phil. Coast Guard (PCG) piles up a basketful of rubbish hauled out from the coast of Legazpi City as the world marks World Water Day on Friday (March 22, 2013).
Photo Release: March 22, 2013
DENR Bicol proposes expansion of Catanduanes Natural Park
What could be smallest now in terms of land area as a province may turn out to be the biggest protected area in the entire Region as the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) seeks to expand the Catanduanes Watershed Forest Reserve (CWFR) from 26,000 hectares (ha) to 48,831 ha.
The National Mapping and Resource Information Authority (NAMRIA) and DENR V Land Evaluation Party in their recent field validation found CWFR suitable for proclamation under the National Integrated Protected Areas System (NIPAS) owed to its old growth forest consisting mostly of Dipterocarp or hardwood species. It also covers 10 municipalities including Bagamanoc, Baras, Caramoran, Gigmoto, Pandan, Panganiban, San Andres, San Miguel, Viga, and Virac. The watershed forest reserve has potable water that support domestic and agricultural uses and could supply sufficient water for energy generation. It also harbors important plant and animal species in habitats fit for recreation and adventure.Read more...
- DENR Bicol proposes expansion of Catanduanes Natural Park
- Accelerated Sustainable Anti– Poverty Program (ASAP) Inilunsad Sa Lalawigan Ng Camarines Sur
- Balik Probinsya Program (BPP), Padagus An Estriktong Monitoring Kan D-E-N-R
- Services And Information Caravan, Isasagibo Sa Ngunian Na Month Of The Ocean
- Department Of Environment And Natural Resources Matrayumpo Na Naisagibo An Mga Aktibidad Para Sa Pagselebrar Kan Earth Day
- Implementasyon Kan Mangrove And Beach Forest Development Project (MBFDP) Sa Region V, Nagpupuon Na
- Proteksyon ng kabundukan sa Catanduanes sa taong 2015
- DENR Bicol, Handa Na Para Sa Implementasyon Kan Aprubadong Integrated Bicol River Basin Management And Development Master Plan
- Processing and issuance of special patents
- Barangay Forest Program (BFP) sa Albay, padagus na nadadagdagan an bilang nin mga recepienteng barangay