SCUBAsurero. A frogman from the Phil. Coast Guard (PCG) piles up a basketful of rubbish hauled out from the coast of Legazpi City as the world marks World Water Day on Friday (March 22, 2013).
Photo Release: March 22, 2013
“If the underwater theme park would cause the destruction of corals, right away, I will say no way. The fishermen need corals. The corals are the home for the fish, and some of our corals have shells and sponges that can cure cancer. I will never allow our biodiversity to be killed for money that some people want to make.
The Philippines is a country of seven thousand islands, which has the highest endemism per unit area in the entire world, while Palawan is the number one island destination in the planet. It has rich biodiversity and lots of ecotourism potentials that should be primarily tapped by the Filipino people for the Filipino people.
In any case, whatever decision that the DENR will make shall be filtered and anchored on social justice, which means that the marine resources of Palawan should benefit the greater majority.”###
- Statement of DENR Secretary Gina Lopez on the proposed underwater theme park in Coron, Palawan
- DENR Region V asin mga Field Offices, aktibo sa Disaster Preparedness
- DENR Padagus sa Pakisumaro sa Post Typhoon Activities Kaibahan an Ibang Ahensya
- Mga Troso Kumpiskado sa Camarines Norte
- Illegal Lumber Apprehended in Camarines Norte
- Principals and School Teachers Trained to Interpret Geohazard Maps
- DENR, 10 LGUs lumagda sa MoPA, namigay ng 3119 titulo ng lupa sa Bicol
- Limang Saringaya Awardees pinarangalan ng DENR
- Five environment-promoting entities get DENR Saringaya Awards
- Cong. Leni Robredo hails champions for the environment 2015