SCUBAsurero. A frogman from the Phil. Coast Guard (PCG) piles up a basketful of rubbish hauled out from the coast of Legazpi City as the world marks World Water Day on Friday (March 22, 2013).
Photo Release: March 22, 2013
Handicraft maker convicted for cutting of apitong tree species at the Bicol National Park
Guilty beyond reasonable doubt and sentenced to suffer an indeterminate penalty of four months and one day as minimum to four years and two days as maximum is the verdict for Avelino Zapanta Jr. of Bgy. Tuaca, Basud, Camarines Norte. The total volume of lumber is 2.8842 cubic meters/ 1,222.91 board feet with estimated value of PhP 543,125.28 as damage to the government.
Zapanta denied the accusation claiming that he was a handicraft maker looking for grasses and vines at the Bicol National Park. According to him, two men who were unknown to him were the ones cutting the tree but fled upon seeing authorities including DENR foresters and policemen. However, the court found the testimony of the DENR “credible, consistent as he was caught in flagrante by the arresting officers.” The elements of the felony that Zapanta committed were identified as: (a) possession of timber and other forest products by the accused; and (2) cutting, gathering, collecting or removing of forest products within a forest land without authority.Read more...
- Handicraft maker convicted for cutting of apitong tree species at the Bicol National Park
- DENR Bicol Liwat Nagpatanid Laban Sa Pag-Ooring
- DENR Bicol gives 13,500 seedlings for Valentine’s day tree planting
- DENR Sorsogon rescues albatross
- DENR Bicol backs Cabusao Critical Habitat as Ramsar Site
- DENR Ibubusol An Cabusao Critical Habitat Na Magin Ramsar Site
- DENR Bicol bats for rehabilitation of two watershed forest reserve in Camarines Norte
- DENR Ibubusol An Rehabilitasyon Kan Duwang Watershed Sa Camarines Norte
- DENR Nakipagtabangan Sa Mga Retratista Para Sa Bird Buda Nature Photography
- DENR Bicol Information Caravan rolls out in Balatan, Camarines Sur