DENR files case against charcoal maker
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources filed a case against a charcoal maker nabbed in a joint operation of DENR’s Protected Area Superintendent’s Office and PNP Lupi, Camarines Sur in the Bicol Natural Park (BNP) Camarines Sur side.
At the inquest proceeding, Investigating Prosecutor Emir Oliveros found sufficient probable cause to charge the respondent Isabelo Dogos of Famy, Laguna and Sooc, Lupi, Camarines Sur for violation of Section 77 of the Forestry Code of the Philippines (PD 705 as renumbered by Republic Act 7161).
A hundred thousand peso bail was recommended by Prosecutor Oliveros for his temporary liberty. The inquest was conducted on the same date when Dogos was apprehended on July 25, 2012.
Dogos was caught red handed by patrolling DENR and PNP personnel in possession of forty-five round timbers of Gmelina sliced in a meter size in Brgy. Sooc, Lupi. The Gmelina timbers were estimated at 3,500 board feet (bd. ft.) or 8.25 cubic meter (m3) with a market value of 105,000 pesos.
Forester Bonifacio Azur, Protected Area Superintendent of BNP Camarines Sur side reported that Dogos was preparing the Gmelina round timbers for processing as wood charcoal when they caught up with him at around 9:30 a.m. The accused failed to present any permit to cut and possess the timber.
After undergoing inquest proceeding, the respondent was locked up in the provincial jail awaiting further trial of the case.
The Bicol Natural Park, which straddles the provinces of Camarines Sur and Camarines Norte is considered as one of the timber poaching hotspots in the Region that the DENR is closely monitoring to avert further denudation in the area.
Meanwhile, an endangered green sea turtle poacher was meted with four years and one day to five years and one day imprisonment by the Regional Trial Court Branch 38 in Daet, Camarines Norte.
The court ruled that the accused, Allan Abordo was found guilty of killing a green sea turtle which is a violation of RA 9147 or the Wildlife Protection and Conservation Act. Abordo was caught by the police authorities in possession of turtle carcass and even attempted to share his spoils with them.
Broadcast Release: August 10, 2012
Mga Aktibidad Para Sa Environment Month, Ipiglatag Na Kan Department Of Environment And Natural Resources V
Manlaen laen na aktibidad an matutunghayan sa bilog na bulan nin hunyo para selebrasyon kan Environment Month. Para sa kick-off activity sa enot na aldaw kan Hunyo, apisar sa promotir kan Environmental Laws Campaign kan DENR, nagkasarabay man mga emplyedo kan ahensya sa sarung walkathon alas kwatro y medya hale sa DENR Office pasiring sa BU- ROTC Ground asin nag atender sa sarung simpleng programa na may titulong “Sarabatan para sa Inang Kinab an.
Sa Hunyo nueve, magkakaigwa nin programa sa Bagasbas Beach, Daet, Camarines Norte para sa Coral Triangle Day.
Sa Hunyo dyes,magkakaburunyog an gabos na empleyado para sa family day sa Brgy. Lidong Sto. Domingo Albay kun saen magkakaigwa nin mga pakawat o games,lunch asin pagpagayon kan Mayon Volcano National Park (MVNP) bilang camping site kan family day.
Sa Hunyo dose,makikisumaru an DENR sa sarung civic military parade para sa selebrasyon kan Independence Day kaibahan kan LGU asin iba pang ahensya.
Sa Hunyo desi-syete, igwa man ki pagromdom sa land desertification o an pagkawara nin kalidad kan daga,Read more...
- Mga Aktibidad Para Sa Environment Month, Ipiglatag Na Kan Department Of Environment And Natural Resources V
- Department Of Environment And Natural Resources V Handa Na Para Sa Environment Month 2015
- DENR Bicol proposes expansion of Catanduanes Natural Park
- Accelerated Sustainable Anti– Poverty Program (ASAP) Inilunsad Sa Lalawigan Ng Camarines Sur
- Balik Probinsya Program (BPP), Padagus An Estriktong Monitoring Kan D-E-N-R
- Services And Information Caravan, Isasagibo Sa Ngunian Na Month Of The Ocean
- Department Of Environment And Natural Resources Matrayumpo Na Naisagibo An Mga Aktibidad Para Sa Pagselebrar Kan Earth Day
- Implementasyon Kan Mangrove And Beach Forest Development Project (MBFDP) Sa Region V, Nagpupuon Na
- Proteksyon ng kabundukan sa Catanduanes sa taong 2015
- DENR Bicol, Handa Na Para Sa Implementasyon Kan Aprubadong Integrated Bicol River Basin Management And Development Master Plan