DENR files case against charcoal maker
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources filed a case against a charcoal maker nabbed in a joint operation of DENR’s Protected Area Superintendent’s Office and PNP Lupi, Camarines Sur in the Bicol Natural Park (BNP) Camarines Sur side.
At the inquest proceeding, Investigating Prosecutor Emir Oliveros found sufficient probable cause to charge the respondent Isabelo Dogos of Famy, Laguna and Sooc, Lupi, Camarines Sur for violation of Section 77 of the Forestry Code of the Philippines (PD 705 as renumbered by Republic Act 7161).
A hundred thousand peso bail was recommended by Prosecutor Oliveros for his temporary liberty. The inquest was conducted on the same date when Dogos was apprehended on July 25, 2012.
Dogos was caught red handed by patrolling DENR and PNP personnel in possession of forty-five round timbers of Gmelina sliced in a meter size in Brgy. Sooc, Lupi. The Gmelina timbers were estimated at 3,500 board feet (bd. ft.) or 8.25 cubic meter (m3) with a market value of 105,000 pesos.
Forester Bonifacio Azur, Protected Area Superintendent of BNP Camarines Sur side reported that Dogos was preparing the Gmelina round timbers for processing as wood charcoal when they caught up with him at around 9:30 a.m. The accused failed to present any permit to cut and possess the timber.
After undergoing inquest proceeding, the respondent was locked up in the provincial jail awaiting further trial of the case.
The Bicol Natural Park, which straddles the provinces of Camarines Sur and Camarines Norte is considered as one of the timber poaching hotspots in the Region that the DENR is closely monitoring to avert further denudation in the area.
Meanwhile, an endangered green sea turtle poacher was meted with four years and one day to five years and one day imprisonment by the Regional Trial Court Branch 38 in Daet, Camarines Norte.
The court ruled that the accused, Allan Abordo was found guilty of killing a green sea turtle which is a violation of RA 9147 or the Wildlife Protection and Conservation Act. Abordo was caught by the police authorities in possession of turtle carcass and even attempted to share his spoils with them.
Broadcast Release: August 10, 2012
DENR Bicol proposes expansion of Catanduanes Natural Park
What could be smallest now in terms of land area as a province may turn out to be the biggest protected area in the entire Region as the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) seeks to expand the Catanduanes Watershed Forest Reserve (CWFR) from 26,000 hectares (ha) to 48,831 ha.
The National Mapping and Resource Information Authority (NAMRIA) and DENR V Land Evaluation Party in their recent field validation found CWFR suitable for proclamation under the National Integrated Protected Areas System (NIPAS) owed to its old growth forest consisting mostly of Dipterocarp or hardwood species. It also covers 10 municipalities including Bagamanoc, Baras, Caramoran, Gigmoto, Pandan, Panganiban, San Andres, San Miguel, Viga, and Virac. The watershed forest reserve has potable water that support domestic and agricultural uses and could supply sufficient water for energy generation. It also harbors important plant and animal species in habitats fit for recreation and adventure.Read more...
- DENR Bicol proposes expansion of Catanduanes Natural Park
- Accelerated Sustainable Anti– Poverty Program (ASAP) Inilunsad Sa Lalawigan Ng Camarines Sur
- Balik Probinsya Program (BPP), Padagus An Estriktong Monitoring Kan D-E-N-R
- Services And Information Caravan, Isasagibo Sa Ngunian Na Month Of The Ocean
- Department Of Environment And Natural Resources Matrayumpo Na Naisagibo An Mga Aktibidad Para Sa Pagselebrar Kan Earth Day
- Implementasyon Kan Mangrove And Beach Forest Development Project (MBFDP) Sa Region V, Nagpupuon Na
- Proteksyon ng kabundukan sa Catanduanes sa taong 2015
- DENR Bicol, Handa Na Para Sa Implementasyon Kan Aprubadong Integrated Bicol River Basin Management And Development Master Plan
- Processing and issuance of special patents
- Barangay Forest Program (BFP) sa Albay, padagus na nadadagdagan an bilang nin mga recepienteng barangay